The Inbox Magazine on Astronomy News, Sky Events, and Astronomy in Everyday Life
A twice-monthly newsletter that began May 2021, and that:
* brings the most interesting news stories (This Just In) which connect to the current night sky,
* contains a textual and visual two-week Sky Planning Calendar, using the Moon’s wanderings to find the planets and other objects, notes on the Planets and events,
* our astronomical horoscope musings, Border Crossings,
* Observing — Plan-et covers the Solar System happenings in the sky,
* For the Future–upcoming events you should be aware of,
* and the quirky findings of Astronomy in Everyday Life, and (in 2022) Star Trek stars (to coincide with a future Hermograph Press book).
The Galactic Times also offers other occasional features and articles including travel stories with an astronomical bent, software information, and other things…the universe is vast…..
Many stories come from the latest news in world astronomy conferences and journals. Unlike in mass media, all the stories are authoritatively written by astronomer, journalist and educator Dr. Larry Krumenaker.
Use the menus above to explore past issues, and a subject matter index. Sign up for The Galactic Times to be sent straight to your email inbox twice a month, for FREE! For free sample readings on the Web, for more information and , well, just to subscribe, click here.
The Latest Six Issues: (click here to go to All Posts)
- #38: – Happy New Year, But WHICH Year?? – Powering Mars Bases Using Winds- & 2 more; January 1, 2023The Six Astronomical New Years!; Sky Planning Calendar–Venus Emerges, A Comet, Meteors and Perihelion All At Once; This Just In–Wind Power on Mars; Astro Art in a Park.
- The Galactic Times #37, December 16, 2022TGT 12/17/22: Sky Planning Calendar–Inner Planet Holiday Show, Moon Visits All but One Evening Planet, Circumpolar Meteors; This Just In–Multiple Star Crimes, Sound/Video of a Mars Dust Devil
- The Galactic Times #36, December 1, 2022TGT 12/1/22: TGT InDepth Preview #2–What IS Above Us?; Sky Planning–Evening Sky Has All the ‘Marbles’, Mars Opposition and Occultation!, Geminids a Bit of Washout; AEL–Black Hole Cartoons
- The Galactic Times #35, November 16, 2022This Just In–Gold Stars, Black Holes in Dwarf Galaxies, Star Core You Can See, A STRANGE Star; Sky Calendar–Leo and Its Meteors Washed Out, Mars About to Peak, Sun Enters 13th Zodiac Sign!.
- The Galactic Times #34, November 1, 2022This Just In–NEAs Near The Sun, The Oldest Star Catalog Found, Supernova Warning!; New Pub InDepth Preview; Sky Calendar–Total Lunar Eclipse, Moon Passes 5 Planets, 2 Meteor Showers; Arabic AEL
- The Galactic Times #33, October 16, 2022Cover Story–How to Defend a Planet; Sky Planning Calendar–Moon Covers Mercury…and the Sun (Depends on Where You Are); Online Calendar Debuts; Astronomy in Everyday Life–400 Year Old Baseball?
Podcast: Hear about the astronomy from the people who make the discoveries.
Looking for The Galactic Times Podcast? It has ceased broadcasting, regrettably, but you can still hear its ten intriguing episodes on the legacy pages in the menu at the top of the page!